quarta-feira, novembro 09, 2005

You will

A man walks round with a hand bell announcing that the Park is closing. He turns off the gaslights which illuminate the animal cages. Almasy and Katharine sit stiffly on a bench. They don't speak. Almasy puts his hands to his head, he rubs his shoulders. The lights are gradually being extinguished around them.

Finally, Katharine gets up.

KATHARINE
I'd better get back.
(she keeps him away with a hand). Say goodbye here.

ALMASY
I'm not agreeing. Don't think I'm agreeing, because I'm not.

They stand, awkward. Katharine rehearses her position. The bell clangs.

KATHARINE
I just know: any minute he'll find out, we'll barge into somebody we'll - and it will kill him.

ALMASY
Don't go over it again, please.

He takes her hands, lays his cheeks into them, then releases them, gets up, walks away. She walks towards the gate. He calls after her.

ALMASY
Katharine, (he walks towards her, his smile is awful).
I just wanted you to know: I'm not missing you yet.

She nods, can't find this funny.

KATHARINE
You will. You will.

Then she turns sharply from him and catches her head against the gatepost, staggers at the shock of it, then hurries away.

The English Patient. Cena 131. Anthony Minguella.

1 comentário:

Mary Mary disse...

É um belo filme... E gosto imenso! Mas isso já sabias pois há pouco tempo pus uma frase dele no meu blog...

"Every night... I cut out my heart. But in the morning, it is full again."

E nós andamos um pouco assim não é?