quarta-feira, dezembro 14, 2005

Ask your saint who he is. Ask him who he's killed.

Esta é do The English Patient. Depois de ontem martela-me a cabeça, até lateja.

102. INT. THE MONASTERY KITCHEN. NIGHT.

Caravaggio comes into the kitchen. Hana is slumped at the table, her back naked. The jug of water in front of her. She's sobbing, her shoulders heaving. Caravaggio approaches tentatively.

CARAVAGGIO
Hana?
(he touches her shoulder)
Hana? Are you alright?

HANA
(without raising her head)
Don't touch me if you're going to try and fuck me.

CARAVAGGIO
(soothing)
I'll have some of your water. It's hot.

She reaches for her blouse, wraps it around herself. Her face is read with weeping.

CARAVAGGIO
(gently)
You have to protect yourself from sadness. This is the thing I've learned.(drinking the water)
You're in love with him, aren't you?
Your patient. Do you think he's a saint or something? Because of the way he looks? I don't think he is.

HANA
I'm not in love with him. I'm in love with ghosts. And so is he. He's in love with ghosts.

CARAVAGGIO
Who are his ghosts?

HANA
Ask him.

CARAVAGGIO
(he holds up his hands)
What if I told you he did this to me?

HANA
(stung)
What? How could he have? When?

CARAVAGGIO
I'm one of his ghosts and he wouldn't even know. It's like he slammed a door in Cairo and it trapped my fucking hands in Tobruk.

HANA
I don't know what that means.

CARAVAGGIO
(shrugs)
Ask him. Ask your saint who he is. Ask him who he's killed.

3 comentários:

[ t ] disse...

querida hoje deitei fora todos os espanta espíritos. foram-se com o fantasma.the end.

Mary Mary disse...

Bolas... E não é que vi esse filme há bocado... É LINDO!!! Simplesmente dos melhores... Aquele deserto...

"Every night...I cut out my heart. But in the morning, it is full again."

MPR disse...

Não consigo comentar o teu post de cima... Irritação... ainda por cima nunca vi o English Patient...